[OpenSIPS-Users] Concerns with 1.x series and new 2.1 Opensips

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Jan 9 20:46:36 CET 2015

Hi Nash,

It is somewhere in the middle :). Of course the DB ops will bring some
penalties to the performance, so you need to take care and tune your DB
for the best performance (not to drag down opensips). With db ops is
very common in OpenSIPS scripts, so you do not do anything crazy or
stupid there.

Of course, you should look into optimizing the DB ops you use:
     - DB auth - use caching at script level (see
http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-MemoryCaching)
     - ACC - consider using db_flatstore to avoid writing into a real DB
     - dialog - if not really a must use db modes 2 or 3
(http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.11.x/dialog.html#id294001)