[OpenSIPS-Users] Concerns with 1.x series and new 2.1 Opensips

John Nash john.nash778 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 19:19:47 CET 2015

I have used opensips for load balancing and some border proxy+ NAT+rtpproxy
in past and am quite happy with it. Recently I decided to add DB operations
(Auth and accounting, routing and dialog into it so that heavy lifting of
VOIP network can be given to opensips. I wanted to send call to PBX only
when it is really needed (Like voicemail and conference etc)

But in a long time I saw this article
http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/TroubleShooting-FindPerfPb

As per this tutorial I think if any DB operation is slow, it will hit
overall performance (I mean the transactions which do not require DB can
also be stuck).

I know good engineers at openisps have already figured it out and working
on 2.X version but looks like it will take a while so that I can give it a
try (As dialog is not in current release).

With 1.X series + DB auth/acc + dialog should I reconsider my approach or
there are systems running successfully and I am just being paranoid?

John