[OpenSIPS-Users] Validate dialog confusion

John Nash john.nash778 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 11:16:33 CET 2014

I was looking at usage of validate_dialog() and saw the following snippet
from module documentation page. If you check the else part... as per my
understanding if a dialog is not found ($DLG_status) will be NULL) it will
go to else part which indicates a message has To tag but dialog not found.
How can it be a valid in-dialog request.

    if (has_totag()) {
        loose_route();
        if ($DLG_status!=NULL && !validate_dialog() ) {
            xlog(" in-dialog bogus request \n");
        } else {
            xlog(" in-dialog valid request - $DLG_dir !\n");
        }
    }

Also there is one more code

   if (has_totag()) {
        loose_route();
        if ($DLG_status!=NULL)
            if (!validate_dialog())
                fix_route_dialog();
    }

After calling fix_route_dialog() do I need to just relay the message? I
mean this function will "fix" the message and send?....I was trying to look
for some security check where someone can inject a route header and a to
tag (Bogus of course) to reach to my gateways through my proxy.