[OpenSIPS-Users] B2BUA & Proxy Interaction

Newlin, Ben Ben.Newlin at inin.com
Tue Dec 16 21:41:40 CET 2014

I have been reading through the documentation for the B2BUA functionality. I want to use a B2BUA while also having many of the proxy functionalities like drouting, accounting, etc. However, it is indicated that they do not work easily together.

The B2BUA Tutorial says this:

A solution is to consider that b2bua is a separate instance (logically speaking) which selects types/classes of destinations. A proxy instance will responsible for routing inside the class of destinations.

It is also noted in the tutorial that outgoing requests from the B2BUA module will trigger local_route processing. So my question is this:

Can the proxy functions be performed in local_route, prior to sending out the message? Would any callbacks registered for the message in local_route take precedence over the B2B routing logic?

Or must the message be actually sent out, via loopback ideally, so that it can be received again and processed as a proxy?

Also, is there any plan to implement Binary Interface replication for the B2BUA module like it was done with Dialog and UsrLoc for faster failover?

Ben Newlin | Sr Voice Network Engineer, CDE Development PureCloud
phone & fax +1.317.957.1009 | ben.newlin at inin.com

Interactive Intelligence
Deliberately Innovative
www.inin.com<http://www.inin.com/>