[OpenSIPS-Users] fr_inv_timeout

Jamuel Starkey jamuel at hcvoip.com
Fri Dec 5 20:04:24 CET 2014

> On Dec 5, 2014, at 10:20 AM, bluerain <frank21118 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Ok, so I tried this timer thinking that it would shorten my PDD out to
> multiple carriers.  But I guess this timer control when the call "answer"?
> So anything after INVITE (e.g. 100 trying, 180 ringing or 183) it will
> ignore?  So if the timer set to 5 seconds, it will try that SIP route for 5
> seconds UNTIL IT CONNECT.
>
> So where is the timer that I can control the time between 100 trying and 180
> (or any message after 100 trying)?

In 1.11 you'll want to use $T_fr_timeout in your script to change it.

By default we set:

modparam("tm", "fr_timeout", 5)
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timeout", 5)

You can dynamically change these values in your script.  For example we set fr_timeout 10 (seconds) on an initial INVITE and then after we receive progress we change it back to 5 for the remainder of the call setup.

Also don't forget that you can litter your script with xlog's to output the current values of the two timers.

    xlog("Current fr-timer:  $T_fr_timeout");
    xlog("Current fr-invite-timer: $T_fr_inv_timeout");

I found that it was informative to see when/where in the scripts the timeout value was set.  I don't think being able to dynamically change these timers in script was available prior to 1.11

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

JPS