[OpenSIPS-Users] fr_inv_timeout

bluerain frank21118 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 19:20:26 CET 2014

Ok, so I tried this timer thinking that it would shorten my PDD out to
multiple carriers.  But I guess this timer control when the call "answer"?
So anything after INVITE (e.g. 100 trying, 180 ringing or 183) it will
ignore?  So if the timer set to 5 seconds, it will try that SIP route for 5
seconds UNTIL IT CONNECT.

So where is the timer that I can control the time between 100 trying and 180
(or any message after 100 trying)?

I have multiple carriers (on outbound calls) that I LCR, some of the carrier
have over 10 seconds PDD (which in this case, they give us a 100 trying and
then maybe 10 seconds later, give us 180 ringing, thus 10 seconds of dead
air).  So I would like to control that problem by cutting the PDD short at
OpenSIP where opensips can say that if is over XX seconds after 100 trying
from carrier, send a timeout error code to the media gateway (in my case,
asterisk) and have asterisk server try the next carrier.

Thx in advance.