[OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] migration to GIT

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Feb 20 11:35:56 CET 2013

On Feb 20, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:45:01 +0100
> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <saul at ag-projects.com> wrote:
>>>        - file download system
>>
>> Sort of. You can't upload files, but it will generate tar files for
>> each tag.
>
> So it is not very suitable for real releases. There is no way to include
> generated files that should not go to the repository (like the
> 'configure' script) and getting the filenames right and download URL
> nice (important for distribution packagers) is tricky.

They could be uploaded to s3 or host them on opensips.org I guess.

>>> - news system
>>
>> Nope.
>
> There is a wiki and mechanism to host own static web pages. May be
> enough for simple news and documentation.
>
>> Looks likt there are 3 things missing:
>>
>> - News: IMHO that belongs to the project website, not the place where
>> the code is hosted, so this would not be a problem.
>
> I don't think an open software maintainer should need to worry about
> maintaining a website with news/forums.

Well, a proper open source project should have a proper website, not just a git or svn repository. Since OpenSIPS already has a website I think that's the appropriate place for news and announcements. I'd remove forums.

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects