[OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] migration to GIT

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Wed Feb 20 09:41:48 CET 2013

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:45:01 +0100
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <saul at ag-projects.com> wrote:
> >         - file download system
>
> Sort of. You can't upload files, but it will generate tar files for
> each tag.

So it is not very suitable for real releases. There is no way to include
generated files that should not go to the repository (like the
'configure' script) and getting the filenames right and download URL
nice (important for distribution packagers) is tricky.

> > - news system
>
> Nope.

There is a wiki and mechanism to host own static web pages. May be
enough for simple news and documentation.

> Looks likt there are 3 things missing:
>
> - News: IMHO that belongs to the project website, not the place where
> the code is hosted, so this would not be a problem.

I don't think an open software maintainer should need to worry about
maintaining a website with news/forums.

Greets,
	Jacek