[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS and Asterisk integration

sjs205 sjs205.linux at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 21:15:02 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I'm going round and round in circles trying to integrate openSIPS and
asterisk using the tutorial found at:

http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutAsterisk18

I have managed to get openSIPS installed and starting without errors
using the configuration scripts included in the above tutorial. I have
also installed Asterisk 1.8 from the ubuntu repo and have managed to get
this working to.

The problem comes when I follow the final section of the tutorial - 1.9
How to use it.

I can do everything up to the "Test Voicemail" section where I am trying
to register my user using twinkle on a separate host. - I've added the
following to my /etc/hosts file on the twinkle client machine:

192.168.5.20    test.com   test.com

192...20 is the openSIPS server, with "test.com" being the domain
assigned to the new sip user, alice, created. I know that this resolves
perfectly...

Whenever I try to register the user alice, I get the following error
from Asterisk:

[Apr 13 19:45:47] ERROR[1706]: chan_sip.c:14798 register_verify: Peer
'alice' is trying to register, but not configured as host=dynamic
[Apr 13 19:45:47] NOTICE[1706]: chan_sip.c:24905
handle_request_register: Registration from '"alice"
<sip:alice at swannsips.com>' failed for '192.168.5.10:5060' - Peer is not
supposed to register

 From looking at the Asterisk documentation I see that this *seems* to
be correct since we do not declare the new users with "host=dynamic" in
the database.

Is this correct and the fact that the tutorial tells one to "register"
the user an error? Or is there clearly something else I am missing?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated since I've spent the
better part of the last week trying to resolve this, including trying to
change the database layout itself to support "host=dynamic" - see my
post on the asterisk forum here:
http://forums.asterisk.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86342 although that
didn't really help much...

Kind regards,