[OpenSIPS-Users] B2BUA - Multiple Transfer/Refer issue

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Fri May 18 02:42:27 CEST 2012

I'm using the OpenSIPS B2BUA scenario that handles REFER messages.  It
works well for the first REFER transfer but if someone tries to transfer a
second time it doesn't work.

Here is the issue I am seeing (my siptraces will have the same users)

PSTN User 15X26X65XX5 calls the OpenSIPS user 90188X9XX0
OpenSIPS user 90188X9XX0 answers the call and then transfers to OpenSIPS
user 9000
OpenSIPS user 9000 picks up the call and then tries to transfer the call
back to OpenSIPS user 90188X9XX0

This is where it messes up.  When user 9000 tries to transfer the call
again I see that the OpenSIPS B2BUA server receives the REFER message but
before the B2BUA sends the 202 ACCEPTED message like the "refer script"
tells it to it first sends an INVITE message that doesn't look complete
compared to the INVITE that was sent the first time 90188X9XX0 did a
REFER.  I have no clue why this INVITE message is getting generated and
sent from the B2BUA server before the 202 ACCEPTED is sent.  Also in the
INVITE message you will see that the RURI and To: header say 9000 at domain.
It really should be 90188X9XX0 at domain since that is who I am transferring
to.

Here is a SIPtrace of the above scenario where things mess up (I have
highlighted the INVITE in question)
http://pastebin.com/TUBJJy3K

So the SIPTrace I posted shows you a good transfer when user 90188X9XX0
transfers to 9000.  So that way you can see the comparison between a good
transfer and a bad transfer.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong or if this is a bug?