[OpenSIPS-Users] Help, basic opensips setup not working & volume too low

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 06:23:08 CET 2012

Hi,

>  Because I could not find any documentation that said about relation
> between opensips and voice volume.

I doubt you'll ever find any document of that sort, openSIPS is for SIP and
not for RTP thats why its not openRTP. So the issue is with the phones
which are sending the audio directly to each other w/o going through the
server. You can verify this by taking pcap/wireshark/tcpdump traces of
calls on server.

but their calls were not reaching. It said "connecting..." and then timed
> out.
> Should I change the configuration? If yes, what should I change?

Without looking at your basic configurations I can only assume that your
REGISTER method has handled NAT whereas the INVITE method receives the
traffic from your home network with a private-ip to be replied back to and
honestly it do so. While phones are looking to hear from the server , the
server is trying to send the packets back to an unknown private network
destination !!.
*Phones*(192.168.15.x)---->*Router*(PUBLIC.IP.A)----->(PUBLIC.IP.B)*
OPENSIPS~~~>(**SENDING TO PRIVATE IP UNROUTABLE FROM INTERNET)*
To troubleshoot it better please take sip capture for calls you're making
and paste these here.

Again the above is my assumption. You may need to use NAThelper module for
this. For a clear picture please post sipgrep/ngrep/tcpdump traces.

Regards,
Sammy.