[OpenSIPS-Users] Help, basic opensips setup not working & volume too low

apenk blecht47amp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 05:57:06 CET 2012

Hi,

I have two problems with opensips. I really need some solutions for my
problems.

First Problem: Voice Volume Too Low
I try to set up opensips in a home environment. The opensips use MySQL
authentication.
The components are two android phones (with softphone), one wireless
router, and one server that run opensips.
I connect the server to LAN port on wireless router, and android phones
connect the network via wifi. It worked well.
I mean, the phones can talk to each other. But the problem is the voice
volume that too low. I did not use any media server.
I know I used opensips for proxy, but how can this happened? And what
should I do? Because I could not find any documentation that said about
relation between opensips and voice volume.

Second Problem: Opensips Basic Setup No Working
When I connect the server to WAN port on wirelss router (of course I
changed the IP address), it didn't work well.
The phones could register to opensips, but their calls were not reaching.
It said "connecting..." and then timed out.
Should I change the configuration? If yes, what should I change?

Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Apenk Satria