[OpenSIPS-Users] MediaProxy with Media-Relay on different host(s)

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:27:26 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
<saul at ag-projects.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Aug 16, 2012, at 10:17 AM, SamyGo wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to design a topology where I've multiple openSIPS +
> media-dispatcher servers pointing to different host(s) for the
> media-relays. How is this going to work ?
> >
> > [OpenSIPS+ MP-Dispatcher Server-1] <===>  [relay-host-A],
> [relay-host-B], [relay-host-C]
> > [OpenSIPS+ MP-Dispatcher Server-2] <===>  [relay-host-B],
> [relay-host-C], [relay-host-A]
> >
> > I can see the directive for media-relay IP in the mediaproxy/config.ini
> file.
> >

> It works the opposite way, the relays are the ones connecting to the
> dispatchers. Set the list of dispatchers (separated by spaces) you want a
> to connect to in the [Relay] section:
>
> [Relay]
>
> dispatchers = 1.2.3.4 mp1.domain.com mp2.domain.com
>
> Check the documentation in the sample config, it contains a more thorough
> explanation how how the lookups are performed.

> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
> AG Projects

Thats great, so in simpler terms I'l be setting up mediaproxy on the relay
servers and set the dispatcher = setting to "MP-Dispatcher
Server-1 MP-Dispatcher Server-2"
Then I will be starting media-proxy-relay on relay-host-A/B/C servers.

The dispatcher on each OpenSIPS server will sense all the relays connecting
to it and use these automatically !?

Is this right ?

Thanks for your guidance.

BR