[OpenSIPS-Users] Sip user behind a NAT

Ali Pey alipey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 23:18:17 CEST 2012

Hello Ignacio,

Yes, you can handle nat and you don't need stun, turn or ICE. In fact, it's
always better to turn off any nat traversal feature on the phone when you
are using a proxy server such as OpenSIPS.

Check out the nat traveral module and advertized_ip. How you implement it
depends on your network setup:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.8.x/nat_traversal.html

Regards,
Ali Pey