[OpenSIPS-Users] ACK mangling redux - OpenSIPS 1.7

Jock McKechnie jock.mckechnie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 17:17:53 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Vlad Paiu <vladpaiu at opensips.org> wrote:

> **
> Hello Jock,
>
> I have taken a look at the SIP trace and seems that the proxy behind
> Charlie, 192.168.1.1, does some weird stuff to the ACK. More specifically,
> it mangles the domain part of the RURI, so that it points to 192.168.1.4.
> When Charlie ( 192.168.1.4 ) receives this ACK it sees itself in the domain
> part of the RURI, so it applies strict routing, by taking the last route
> header and putting it in the RURI. This is why you see the apparent
> stripping of the username part when forwarding the ACK.
>
> I guess a good question is why are you calling
>     rewritehostport("192.168.1.4:5060");
> on the proxy behind Charlie ? Because this is the source of your problem. I
> mean why not let the ACK get routed like every other sequential request, via
> the Route header.

Thank you, Vlad;

I think I'm following what you're explaining - I'm force-routing the ACKs
instead of letting the handler route them based by the rules in the header
itself. I changed the configuration to the below, which should only force
the INVITE to Charlie, and use a t_relay() to handle the ACKs, et al,
correctly:

        if (is_method("INVITE")) {
                # enable Record-Route
                record_route();
                route(1);
                }

        if (!t_relay()) {
                sl_reply_error();
                }

Unfortunately this appears to make no difference to how the ACK's RURI
looks. I imagine I'm using the wrong method of forwarding on the ACK?
(Full config is here, should you want to see it in context:
http://pastebin.com/Zntg2y95)

Thank you, again, for your assistance and suggestions. I am immensely
grateful for all help I receive on this list.

 - Jock