[OpenSIPS-Users] ACK mangling redux - OpenSIPS 1.7

Vlad Paiu vladpaiu at opensips.org
Mon Sep 5 09:49:13 CEST 2011

Hello Jock,

I have taken a look at the SIP trace and seems that the proxy behind
Charlie, 192.168.1.1, does some weird stuff to the ACK. More
specifically, it mangles the domain part of the RURI, so that it points
to 192.168.1.4. When Charlie ( 192.168.1.4 ) receives this ACK it sees
itself in the domain part of the RURI, so it applies strict routing, by
taking the last route header and putting it in the RURI. This is why you
see the apparent stripping of the username part when forwarding the ACK.

I guess a good question is why are you calling
     rewritehostport("192.168.1.4:5060");
on the proxy behind Charlie ? Because this is the source of your
problem. I mean why not let the ACK get routed like every other
sequential request, via the Route header.

Regards,

Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer