[OpenSIPS-Users] RabbitMQ functionality question

Pete Kelly pkelly at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:52:14 CET 2011

Hi

I have a question about the RabbitMQ functionality.

The documentation states that the 'exchange' will also be used as the
'queue' used in RabbitMQ.

In my experience you do not send messages directly to a queue in RabbitMQ,
you send message which contains

- exchange name
- routing key
- message payload

RabbitMQ then uses the routing key to route the message to the correct
queue (or onward exchange).

Can you tell me if the RabbitMQ implementation supports this, as it sounds
like it does not currently... it seems it uses the exchange as the routing
key as well as exchange?

Pete