[OpenSIPS-Users] init.d script for OpenXCAP on CentOS 6

Silvije Kalabić silvije.kalabic at fiveminutes.eu
Tue Nov 29 11:49:05 CET 2011

Hello,
I have posted this same question and on the Stackowerflow -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8309414/init-d-script-for-openxcap-on-centos-6

I'm somewhat new to Linux and OpenXCAP and I'm trying to make an init.d
script for OpenXCAP on CentOS 6.

My script can start and stop OpenXCAP service, but it returns this error
for the status command (service openxcap status): openxcap dead but
subsys locked

Maybe somebody can tell me if problem is in the init.d script or the
openxcap service itself? Is openxcap missing some 'give-status' feature?

Here is the script:

#!/bin/bash
#
# Startup script for OpenXCAP
#
# processname: openxcap
# pidfile: /var/run/openxcap/openxcap.pid
# chkconfig: - 85 15
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: openxcap
# Required-Start: $local_fs $network
# Should-Start: mysqld
### END INIT INFO

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

APP_NAME=openxcap
APP_HOME=/usr/local/src/openxcap-2.0.1
PID_PATH=/var/run/openxcap/openxcap.pid
RETVAL=0

[ -f /etc/sysconfig/$APP_NAME ] && . /etc/sysconfig/$APP_NAME

start()
{
         echo -n $"Starting $APP_NAME: "
         daemon $APP_HOME/$APP_NAME $OPTIONS 2>/dev/null | tail -1
         RETVAL=$?
         echo
         [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/$APP_NAME
}

stop()
{
         echo -n $"Stopping $APP_NAME: "
         killproc -p $PID_PATH
         RETVAL=$?
         echo
         [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && rm -f /var/lock/subsys/$APP_NAME $PID_PATH
}

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
         start)
                 start
                 ;;
         stop)
                 stop
                 ;;
         status)
                 status $APP_NAME
                 RETVAL=$?
                 ;;
         restart|reload)
                 stop
                 start
                 ;;
         *)
                 echo $"Usage: $APP_NAME
{start|stop|reload|restart|status|help}"
                 exit 1
esac

exit $RETVAL

--