[OpenSIPS-Users] dispatch to Asterisk cluster behind NAT

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:09:24 CET 2011

Thanks Ovidiu. I'm looking into rtpproxy.

> Opensips can sit at the edge of your private network (with one
> interface on the public network and the other one on the private
> network) or it can sit inside the private network (and some port
> forwarding is required on the firewall).

Any advantages/disadvantages of Opensips with rtpproxy at the edge (on both interfaces) vs Opensips with rtpproxy behind the firewall with the Asterisk cluster?  Initially we will be on a "secure" public network (all the endpoints on the same provider's network) so I've been told that there is no need for a firewall at least for voip traffic. Eventually we might have a public PBX uplink and need to route that traffic thru the firewall, but it seems logical to bypass the firewall at this stage.

Thanks,
Matt