[OpenSIPS-Users] dispatch to Asterisk cluster behind NAT

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 04:25:54 CET 2011

I have been using the dispatcher module to route calls to an Asterisk cluster with 2 servers. Initially all the servers and the phones had public IPs, so there was no need for NAT.

Our requirements have changed - we will end up having 1 public IP on the server side (phones will have public IPs), so I'm planning to assign that to the Opensips server, and put the asterisk cluster behind NAT.

Opensips Server
nic1: 1.2.3.4   (public ip)
nic2: 192.168.100.75

dispatch to:
Asterisk serverA     192.168.100.80
Asterisk serverB     192.168.100.81

Is this doable in Opensips? Even if it is, does it make sense; i.e. is it an OK design? Is there a better architecture I should look into (maybe put everything behind NAT)?

Thanks,
Matt