[OpenSIPS-Users] Wana replace Asterisk with OpenSIPS in OpenBTS Project

ALICOMPUTECH alicomputech at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 15:21:52 CEST 2011

Hello
     bundle of thanks for the reply,
i am sorry for not explaining the problem in a proper way, actually OpenBTS does not support handoff of calls and i want to control it via OpenSIPS
OpenBTS does not offer handoff between base stations during a call. Handoff between calls can be done using SIP registrations to a central Asterisk.
So i want to replace the asterisk for scalability and service isolation

""Probably you're looking for: http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutLoadbalancing""
yes i need to implement loadbalancer  for Asterisk Cluster but i need to explore hanoffs of calls

""BTW, do you have OpenBTS running in a production environment""
and finally its a sort of research project and i need to implement it under the control of policies

thanks in advance

Best Regards

Bye