[OpenSIPS-Users] SRV TCP lookups

Andrew Pogrebennyk andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com
Wed Jun 15 15:23:41 CEST 2011

Hello Jarle,

AFAIK the TCP will be used based if it has the lowest order number in
NAPTR response, as per order and preference based selection procedure
described in rfc 2915/3403 section 2:

    Order
       A 16-bit unsigned integer specifying the order in which the NAPTR
       records MUST be processed to ensure the correct ordering of
       rules.  Low numbers are processed before high numbers, and once a
       NAPTR is found whose rule "matches" the target, the client MUST
       NOT consider any NAPTRs with a higher value for order (except as
       noted below for the Flags field).

I think you should be able to see the SRV queries if you enable verbose
debug and run tail -f /var/log/opensips.log|grep dns.

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk