[OpenSIPS-Users] /etc/init.d/opensips restart returns OK when opensips is down...

Dave Singer dave.dorasinger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:33:48 CEST 2011

Toyima,

What I've done to deal with errors on a restart is to copy the config
to a temp, replace a couple things like fifo file and ports, start it
with foreground option, piping output to check for errors. The group
is backgrounded with & and the init script waits for 2 sec. If bk
process is still running and no errors, it is killed and real restart
is proceeded with.

I posted my init script a few months back in the list if you want more details.
Be cautious of the script return value as restart failure may be just
that the config was bad and opensips was not restarted but still
running old config, you may not want to have HA kick to other server.

Dave

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Robert Thomas <thomcr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an HA setup with Pacemaker using heartbeat stack.
>
> I created a script that monitors opensips via the pid file. Eventhough the
> start event succeed and then opensips crash due to a module. The next
> monitor round will report an error, and the resource would be migrated to
> the  next node.
>
> I don't think the start stop daemon utility used to bring up opensips would
> succeed, and then opensips would crash starting the modules.
>
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Toyima Dias <toyimads at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, but it any case, the script should return 1 if opensips failed to
>> initialize; i'm thinking to build a HA infraestructure with opensips
>> (heartbeat, cluster glue...) and this opensips init script behavior
>> seems not to be appropriate; i will have to take a deeper look at
>> the opensips.init script

>>> Correct, but there can be a case when opensips starts but then some
>>> module's initialization function fails due to mysql connect error or
>>> incompatible table version and the opensips will exit.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Andrew Pogrebennyk

> Robert