[OpenSIPS-Users] b2b refer scenario

Anton Zagorskiy a.zagorskiy at oyster-telecom.ru
Wed Jan 12 12:22:45 CET 2011

I'm trying to solve accounting + lines limit (numbers of incoming and
outgoing calls) + refer problem..
The problem seems as very hard to me.

Everything works well, but refer request.

There are 3 (A, B, C) UAs, each has limititation of number of incoming and
outgoing calls.
1. A calls B. Now A takes 1 outgoing and 0 incoming lines. Lets write this
as (1;0). So, B takes (0;1)
2. B decides to make an attended refer to C. So, it calls C (sent INVITE).
Now B takes (1;1), C - (0;1)
3. After conversation with C, B finishs the refer and send REFER to A.

For a properly billing and lines limit I should have :
1. Lines limit: A(1;0), B(1;1), C(0;1)
2. Conversations between A,B and B,C (from billing points of view)

But after when A received REFER request, it
1. sends an INVITE, not a RE-INVITE, because of REFER has 'reffered-to;
header and 'replaces' tag, so that INVITE doesn't have 'to-tag', so this is
a new session with new billing between A and C.
2. sends a BYE to B, so this finishes the session between A and B and
changes line limit: now B takes (0;1)

After when C received that INVITE, he sends a BYE to B.

And now B takes 0 incoming and 0 outgoing lines and accounting (billing)
doesn't work properly (there is just one leg between A and C)

I haven't any idea how to solve this situation.
B2B could help me by means of sending RE-INVITE to A and C when B sends
REFER, instead of transmitting REFER to A.

WBR, Anton Zagorskiy
VoIP Developer, Oyster Telecom
Phone.: +7 812 601-0666
Fax: +7 812 601-0593