[OpenSIPS-Users] Re-INVITE Switch

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri May 21 16:52:19 CEST 2010

Hi Doug,

when setting up a SIP call, you cannot tell if it's Voice or FAX.....Fax
calls are established at Voice calls and then one party is doing
re-INVITE to switch to T38. But the call is already established (through
a certain provider, in your case) and you cannot do anything about.

Ugly solution will be to use the b2bua in the middle to detect (in
ongoing call) the FAX case and to close the callee leg and to open a new
callee leg via the proper provider. But the callee experience will be
terrible (ringing, answering, hunging up, ringing again...). Not to
mention that you need to put all the calls to b2bua just to catch the
FAX case.

What I would do is to ask the callers to put some prefix to the dial
number in order to indicate that they want a FAX service ;)

www.voice-system.ro