[OpenSIPS-Users] Calling "unsafe" functions from perl module

Kamil Leszczuk kamituel at gmail.com
Wed May 19 15:15:36 CEST 2010

Hi,
first of all - thank you all very much for OpenSIPS - I'm impressed -
I've used ex. OpenIMSCore before, and I really like the way OpenSIPS
is created.

I'm playing with Perl module and stumbled upon problem calling
so-called "unsafe" methods from perl script. The error given is:

ERROR:core:moduleFunc: Module function 'append_to_reply' is unsafe.
Call is refused.
ERROR:core:XS_OpenSER__Message_moduleFunction: calling module function
'append_to_reply' failed. Missing loadmodule?

I've found Bastian Friedrich's note on this topic:
http://openser.org/pipermail/users/2008-February/016005.html but it's
over two years old now. Any news here? Is this possible to call
"unsafe" methods from within perl script?

What I'm interested in is appending custom SIP headers to SIP
requests).

Alternatively - is it possible to pass some data from perl script
(called with exec_perl()) back to the conf file (maybe as variable),
so I could append my header there?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Kamil Leszczuk