[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips VoIP account

Jorge Juan jjchico at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 17:51:28 CET 2010

Hi,

2010/2/18 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro>:
> Hello Jorge,
>

> Jorge Juan wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am a user of opensips.org VoIP service and I have a couple of
>> questions. I hope this is the right place to ask.
>>
>> * Can I add/change my aliases?
>>

> right now you can have only one alias which you can choose when creating
> the account - you can add / remove aliases after that.

You mean "you cannot add/remove..." I guess.

>> * Can I make call using sipbroker.com prefixes like with ekiga.net or iptel.org?
>>
> the opensips.org service has the prefix based calling (see "dialling
> plan"  section in your account), but there are no prefixes populated
> yet. Your suggestion is to import the prefixes as defined by sipbroker.com ?

Please understand I am a dumb user and I may say some nonsenses, but I
mean to have sipbroker.com prefixes integrated in opensips.org
service. For example, sipbroker prefix for opensips.org is "*9674" so
I can call my opensips sip address from my ekiga.net account like
"*9674-92424", or from my iptel.org account I can do
"2220*9674-92424". "2220" is the iptel's sipbroker.org peering prefix.
I suppose ekiga.net and iptel.org do the translation on-the-fly by
accessing some sipbroker.com service or just by routing through
"*XXXX at sipbroker.com".

The point is that this way I could call any sip user from my
opensips.org account using a regular (only numbers) phone.

Of course, you can make your IP-phone to do the trick by using dialing
plans as explained in http://faq.sipbroker.com/tiki-index.php. But
having prefixes integrated in your provider makes thinks easier.

Best regards,

jorge.

> Regards,
> Bogdan