[OpenSIPS-Users] Freeswitch vs Asterisk

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Dec 9 19:06:58 CET 2010

Paul,

It sounds like you've done a fair amount of dev work with both projects. I
respect your viewpoint and your experience. Perhaps it's best if we agree to
disagree. In any case, I refer back to the mantra of the FreeSWITCH
developers: "Use what works for your situation." If you've got something
that is working for you then by all means keep using it!

In fact, if you've been doing telephony development with open source tools
you may wish to come to ClueCon (www.cluecon.com) to rub elbows with fellow
OSS telephony devs. It's a great opportunity to talk tech with important
people in the OSS telephony arena. Why I even had the pleasure of having
dinner with the man who wrote OpenSIPS! (Bogdan, hope we can talk tech some
more at ClueCon 2011. :)

-MC

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM, paul.gore.j at gmail.com <paul.gore.j at gmail.com