[OpenSIPS-Users] B2B top-hiding + accounting

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Fri Dec 3 16:48:15 CET 2010

Hello,

I am having trouble understanding exactly how the top-hiding scenario does a call compared to one that simply uses the tm module to relay it.  Because of this lack of understanding I can't even begin to understand the impact it would have on accounting.

I'm okay with tm-based configurations that relay calls from one side to the other.  I have accounting configured to save a radius record in a mysql DB, and it works quite well.  My goal is to augment my existing configuration in such a way to accomplish exactly what the scenario name would suggest – to hide the topology in the SIP headers.  I'd like to mimic as much of my existing configuration as possible, yet invoke the scenario in such a way to accomplish the top-hiding part.

I've looked at the B2B examples, and while I can follow them for the most part, the big picture isn't clicking on how it all works.  Perhaps someone has some hints to point me in the right direction?

- Jeff