[OpenSIPS-Users] bad Contact when registering from 192.168.1.x subnet

jerecell jerecell at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 18:53:21 CET 2009

Hi,

The Contact address used by OpenSer (1.1.0) seems to be incorrect -- but
only when I REGISTER from a machine in the 192.168.1.x subnet.  Note that my
topology is:

user agent (192.168.1.14) <---> home router <----> internet <---> OpenSer

For example, I see in the 200 OK to my REGISTER, req_src_ip=192.168.1.14 (in
the Warning header).  Also, INVITEs sent *to* this endpoint have the private
192.168.1.14 IP address as their target address (i.e. the first line) after
they pass through OpenSer.  This causes calls to fail.  However if I simply
change my home router to use 192.168.0.x as its subnet, then I see my public
IPs showing up in both places (and calls work).

So this seems to be either a bug or a configuration issue.  Does anyone have
any idea where to look first?

Thanks,
Jeremy