[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips and vserver

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Sun Nov 15 13:45:54 CET 2009

Erik,

For performance reasons it¹s not a good idea to run a Mediaproxy Relay in a
vserver.  Testing is one thing, but production scaling is another entirely.
Running Mediaproxy Dispatcher attached to an Opensips instance in a vserver
works great, however.  Mediaproxy¹s architecture allows you to separate the
relays from the dispatchers.  In my case, I have two dedicated relay boxes
connecting to three dispatchers, where the dispatchers are running with
Opensips all in Xen VMs.  It works quite well for me.

- Jeff