[OpenSIPS-Users] debuild error on MediaProxy 2.3.4

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed May 27 19:07:41 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 26 May 2009, Jeff Pyle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got the following error when trying to debuild on Debian Lenny:
>
> /chop/
> dh_installudev -pmediaproxy-relay
> dh_lintian -pmediaproxy-relay
> dh_install -pmediaproxy-relay
> cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp/usr/bin/media-relay': No such file or directory
> dh_install: command returned error code 256
> make: *** [binary-install/mediaproxy-relay] Error 1
> dpkg-buildpackage: failure: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit
> status 2
> debuild: fatal error at line 1319:
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc failed
>
> My familiarity with Debian is growing, but still rather small.  And the
> package creation process is very new to me.  I was following the
> documentation under the packaging section.  Any suggestions on what might
> cause?

You should make sure your build dependencies are satisfied. First run

apt-get build-dep mediaproxy-relay

You need to have apt's sources.conf point to our repository (at least the
source part) to be able to do that.

Otherwise make sure you have debhelper version 7 or newer.

A ls -lR in debian/ (after debuild is run) may also help figuring out where
those files were placed in the first place.

What version of debian do you use and what architecture?

--
Dan