[OpenSIPS-Users] Sqlops in opensips ?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed May 27 12:41:17 CEST 2009

Hi Alex,

Alex Balashov wrote:
>> Before AVPs, you did routing based on module logic and there wasn't
>> anyway to customize it without writing your own modules by hand. As much
>> odd as the avpops module integrates arbitrary database interactions, I'm
>> not sure how I'd change it rather than a typical kind of prepare /
>> execute/ fetch kind of loop. But that isn't an efficient design for a
>> real-time switch. I rather like how it is today.
>>

> It does pose a formidable design challenge;
It does, I agree, but it more logical to solve the cause (the blocking),
rather than the effects (by more complex DB stuff).
>   there's not a lot of
> usefulness in "asynchronous" database calls because it's no good - the
> response from the database is still needed to carry on processing a
> request, and that can only happen if the process blocks on database
> response.
Totally false - in SIP traffic, maybe 30% of the requests do not require
special DB processing, so such processing may be squeeze while waiting
for a a DB/LDAP/DNS/IO op .See:
        http://www.opensips.org/Development/NewDesign#toc8