[OpenSIPS-Users] Some results => Re: register performance with sipp

Uwe Kastens kiste at kiste.org
Mon Jun 22 09:34:29 CEST 2009

Hi,

In my testing setup I am not able to reach more than 500 cps without
massive retransmits on db_mode=3. On db_mode=2 i reach with the same
setup 900cps. I tried with one sipp client and with two - it makes no
difference.

All hosts are on xen except the db-server.

My setup:

- 1 or 2 sipp instances (it makes no difference)
- 1 opensips 1.5.1 1024MB RAM
- freeradius with 8192 max_connections, and 25 sql socks against mysql
- opensips will register via radius at mysql
- usrloc db_mode=3 (only db) or db_mode=2

I generate user and password via pwgen and but them in radcheck db.

I use a REGISTER scenario with sipp and start it like:

 sipp -sf register.xml -inf user.csv xxx.xxx.de -m 5000 -r 500 -nd
                                 Messages  Retrans   Timeout
Unexpected-Msg
    REGISTER ---------->         5000      0         0
         401 <----------         5000      0                   0
    REGISTER ---------->         5000      36        0
         200 <----------         5000      0                   7
------------------------------ Test Terminated
--------------------------------

----------------------------- Statistics Screen ------- [1-9]: Change
Screen --
  Start Time             | 2009-06-22 09:21:17

  Last Reset Time        | 2009-06-22 09:21:27

  Current Time           | 2009-06-22 09:21:27

-------------------------+---------------------------+--------------------------
  Counter Name           | Periodic value            | Cumulative value
-------------------------+---------------------------+--------------------------
  Elapsed Time           | 00:00:00:202              | 00:00:10:218

  Call Rate              |    0.000 cps              |  489.333 cps

-------------------------+---------------------------+--------------------------
  Incoming call created  |        0                  |        0

  OutGoing call created  |        0                  |     5000

  Total Call created     |                           |     5000

  Current Call           |        0                  |

-------------------------+---------------------------+--------------------------
  Successful call        |        4                  |     5000

  Failed call            |        0                  |        0

  Call Length            | 00:00:00:137              | 00:00:00:015

2009-06-22 09:21:27: Discarding message which can't be mapped to a known
SIPp call:
SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.20.139.62:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-18810-4611-2