[OpenSIPS-Users] load_balance and 483 error.

David dave.nwk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 23:00:55 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo<ibc at aliax.net> wrote:
> El Miércoles, 15 de Julio de 2009, David escribió:
>
> I think your config is correct. However I've never used load_balancer module.
> It would help if you describe what "483 looping error" means.

opensips is sending a 483 (looping / too many hops) error back to the client.

        if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
                sl_send_reply("483","looping");
                exit;
        }

from SIP rfc:
"If the received Max-Forwards value is greater than zero, then the
   forwarded message MUST contain an updated Max-Forwards field with a
   value decremented by one (1)."

Here's how Max-Forwards looks during the transaction when I rewrite after
load_balance:
Max-Forwards: 70.
Max-Forwards: 69.
Max-Forwards: 70.
Max-Forwards: 70.
Max-Forwards: 70.
Max-Forwards: 70.
Max-Forwards: 70.

and when I rewritehost before the max forwards check:
Max-Forwards: 70.
Max-Forwards: 69.
Max-Forwards: 70.
Max-Forwards: 69.