[OpenSIPS-Users] Is opensips a front end to asterisk?

lists at grounded.net lists at grounded.net
Fri Jul 3 17:02:42 CEST 2009

> I recommend that you don't try to run OpenSIPS on a NAT'd server. I tried
> recently and have been
> regretting it ever since. It is not designed to be behind NAT, although it
> is great for handling UA's that are.

Bit confused about this. Our asterisk machines have always been behind a firewall and on NAT IPs.
My thought was to use opensips at it's own location, sending the traffic to at least two separate locations for load balancing and redundancy. I'm not sure how I could avoid using NAT?

> Also I would use OpenSIPS as the registrar/location server, not Asterisk.

Yes, if you mean using it only for load balancing/proxy/registration, that's the plan.