[OpenSIPS-Users] How to put mediarelay on a machine other than opensips

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Tue Jan 27 13:52:48 CET 2009

Hi,

On 27 Jan 2009, at 12:47, mmarzuola at interfree.it wrote:

> Hi all.
> I have two virtual machines.
> In the first I installed opensips and mediaproxy (both the
> dispatcher that the relay). Now I will try to move the media relay
> in the other virtual machine.
> In the latter, I should install only the media relay or all the
> mediaproxy?
> What it needs to modify in two mediaproxy configuration files?
> As regards the tls communication between the dispatcher and the
> relay, can I use the certificate provided as example?
>
> This is the scenario:
>
> Virtual machine 1                           Virtual machine 2
>  __________                                  ____________
> | opensips |              TLS               |            |
> |    +     |    <======================>    |   relay    |
> |dispatcher|                                |____________|
> |__________|                                 10.10.45.168
> 10.10.45.158
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Marzuola Matteo.

A few remarks before I can even answer your questions:
- Don't run mediaproxy on a virtual machine, as it is not suited to
handling realtime traffic
- Why are you running mediaproxy on a machine with a private IP?
- Which version of media proxy are you talking about?
- Read the documentation included (README, INSTALL, config.ini.sample)
first

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects