[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRTool destinations /rates question

Brian Chamberlain brian at asterisk.ie
Tue Jan 20 15:56:06 CET 2009

Hi All,

I am sending calls to a number of different sip providers.
I have rates & destinations from all of them. Some of the providers
have broken up the amount of destinations into 30,000 different codes.
I am trying to build the rates and destinations tables so it is easy
to maintain in the future.

Would I be best having a minimal set of destinations to cover each
country and my local countries/areas and having the rates being more
specific.

I suppose my questions are the folowing.

If I have a destination:

1 USA

and a rate for 1 USA .02
and a rate for 1617 USA (Boston)

and the customer dials Boston then looking at the logic, even though I
don't have a boston Destination CDRTool will still rate the call using
the rate for 1617

If the reverse was through and I had a destination 1617 for boston but
only a rate for 1 USA would CDRTool use the 1 rate even though it
found the destination for 1617 in the destinations table?

Thanks,
Brian