[OpenSIPS-Users] Pickup of a ringing extension under OpenSIPS

Zahid Mehmood zm23 at columbia.edu
Tue Feb 24 14:23:21 CET 2009

If you are still using the Polycom phones, you can play with the
"group-call-pickup", "directed-call-pickup" features.  Enabling these
two will make two soft keys visible when you make the phone go off-
hook.  Essentially the phone will use subscribe/notify to find out
the state and then uses refer or invite (i dont remember right now)
to receive the call.

I suggest that you enable the above mentioned polycom "features", and
do a packet capture to see what type of packets they generate.  Use a
simple opensips config that relays any subscribe/notify to the RURI
directly will help get a better picture.  Also note the user part of
the RURI when using these features.

HTH.

--
Zahid