[OpenSIPS-Users] Pickup of a ringing extension under OpenSIPS

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 14:22:32 CET 2009

Steve C. Blair wrote:

> Can you explain what you mean by directed pick-up?

when I hear a nearby extension ringing I dial something which includes its
number and then I am the one who is answering the call. Currently I do this
with the BLF/Speed dials and asterisk.

and:
2009/2/24 Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net>

> 24 feb 2009 kl. 13.39 skrev Yehavi Bourvine:
>
> If you really want future growth but still want PBX services, you don't
> want to replace Asterisk with OpenSIPS. You want to make them work together.

My idea is to let OpenSIPS do all the local work (internal extensions) and
Asterisk do the more complicated work like voice mail and transcoding for
external voice connections.

                           Thanks! __Yehavi: