[OpenSIPS-Users] ACC Clairification

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Feb 20 15:59:26 CET 2009

Hi Brett,

Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> All,
> I'm having an issue with the ACC module. I'm writing my acc to DB and
> I'm not getting failed transactions when calls roll to a secondary
> provider that works. When this happens, I only get a ACC record for
> the successful call.

you mean when you have a first failed branch (first provider), but
second branch succeeds (second provider) ?
because in this scenario, the transaction does not failed - a failed
transaction is a transaction with all the branches failed.
> I'm a little confused with the whole "failed_transaction_flag", and
> I'm pretty sure I'm using it wrong. I have failed_transaction_flag and
> db_flag set the same. The docs say if it's it, then it will "also" log
> failed calls. So it doesn't seem that I need to distinguish failed
> calls from successful calls. If I do, do I simply place it at the
> beginging of my failure_route, and do I need to at some point clear
> the flag?

as a first step, have you review the ACC presentation from this Admin
Course?
    http://www.voice-sistem.ro/downloads/2007.08.29-Admin-Course/

If this unclear about the difference about the failed transactions and
missed calls, just let me know :)
> I was originally under the impression that I can just turn this module
> on, set my db_flag and log everything that happens.

well, it does, but you have 3 flags (db_flag, db_missed_call,
failed_transactions) to control when and what to be logged :)