[OpenSIPS-Users] some idea

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Aug 8 18:15:55 CEST 2009

Josip Djuricic wrote:

> Yeah but I guess in that way it would have to be in path, it couldn't be
> done passively via port mirroring?

Conceivably it could, if it doesn't know the difference.  And I suppose
you could use firewalling and/or VLANs to ensure that the media that
flows "out" from the proxy in both paths (relayed to the far-end
destination) doesn't actually reach its destination and create a conflict.

RTP relay is a very dumb process;  there's no end-to-end acknowledgment
or any other kind of backward notification, except for RTCP, which is
basically just QoS reporting and will not change the state of the stream.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems