[OpenSIPS-Users] load balance module routing

Ben Dinnerville ben at voicelogic.com.au
Wed Aug 5 06:04:30 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I am looking into using the load balance module to load balance inbound
calls across a asterisk cluster (We currently use LCR for round robin
distribution). We offer different services on inbound calls such as
vxml, voice rec etc which when using the load balance module, it looks
like we can use the resources part of the call to determine which
gateway to route the call to.

My question is, how does one determine what resources to choose for a
particular call?

Looking at all the documentation, the only way we could do it would be
to place a block in the config file for each inbound number /
destination that we have and manually in the config file enter a
load_balance statement for each destination.

EG:

# DID 612806XXXXX needs voice rec and vxml
if (uri=~"^sip:612806XXXXX@") {
	if (load_balance("1","voicerec;vxml")) {
		xlog("sending call to $du\n");
		t_relay();
		exit;
	}

};

obviously this works on a small scale solution, but what happens when
you have hundreds or thousands of DID's (we have a requirement to setup
1500 dids in the next few weeks)?

Is there some way to manage the routing/resource information on a per
destination / did basis in the database so that one can manipulate the
database (ie use a browser admin tool or similar) and then execute a
lb_reload to have the new routing information reloaded?

Or is there some other way that I am overlooking that already exists to
provide this sort of routing?

Cheers,

Ben