[OpenSIPS-Users] Regarding watchers in OpenSIPS

Anca Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Wed Nov 12 13:11:27 CET 2008

Hi Mahesh,

OpenSIPS presence works as described in RFC 3856 for presence event and
RFC 3857 for presence.winfo. (Your questions are in fact about how this
protocol work.., but I will help you anyway).

So, to get the status of a buddy you need a SUBSCRIBE for 'presence'.
Look if there a a subscribe with Event: presence sent from alice to bob.
And if there is the when you change the status of bob to 'busy' you will
see a Notify sent to alice woth bob's new state.

The Subscribe for 'presence.winfo' is for a user to know who has
subscribed to their presence state. So if bob subscribed to
presence.winfo and alice subscribed for presence to bob,  the bob will
receive a Notify in which he will be announced that he has a watcher -
alice.

What client are you using? Make sure you have clicked the 'show status'
option for the contact in the buddy list. Watch the traces for Subscribe
with header 'Event:presence'.

regards,
Anca