[OpenSIPS-Users] [Fwd: [Serdev] the sip router project]

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Thu Nov 6 16:13:40 CET 2008

6 nov 2008 kl. 16.06 skrev Jiri Kuthan:

> Dan Pascu wrote:
>> On Thursday 06 November 2008, Jiri Kuthan wrote:
>>> Hi Dan,
>>>
>>> I'm very sorry for yourself you have chosen to advocate Bogdan's
>>> email. Surely I have been ironic in responding to it,
>>
>> I was not advocating Bogdan's email, I was criticizing your attempt
>> belittle and demonize the other party in an attempt to elevate your
>> position by contrast.
>
> Well I think it is perfectly right  to express my opinion about
> 1) forking is a bad thing 2) as is sending poisoning emails about
> unforking.
> I understand that yet-another-fork initiators do  not like this
> opinion and
> that's I guess all I can say about it.

Everyone has the right to say, well not anything, but most things.
But at this point this feels more like an old battle between you guys
than something new and relevant for the public mailing list...

For me I do understand why OpenSIPS doesn't join the effort,
something that I wished for before, and why Kamailio and
SER joins effort in creating a common core.

I guess that if the discussion goes on, we have to fork Jiri,
Bogdan and Dan so one copy of each can code and the other can
create useful code...

Hmm. There's another product out there that might benefit from
some forking... Wonder if it could be based on sip-router core?

/O ;-)