[OpenSER-Users] [OpenSER-Devel] New OpenSER-mi-proxy release 1.0.0

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sat May 31 13:54:39 CEST 2008

Adrian Georgescu writes:

 > This proxy replaces the need for OpenSER built-in xml-rpc server,
 > which has
 > no access list and is prone to crash the server.

adrian,

we earlier had fifo_relay, which i didn't like at all because it
introduced yet another single point of failure to the system.  i
therefore proposed to add access lists to current built-in xmlrpc
server.  if i remember correctly, this was not deemed necessary because
one could use ip tables to limit access to the built-in server.

i don't remember seeing any bug reports on built-in xmlrpc server
crashing openser.  if there are some, i think it would be very important
to get those bugs fixed so that an external xmlrpc proxy would not be
needed.

-- juha