[OpenSER-Users] Effect of use_domain in registrar module

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Mar 31 23:19:46 CEST 2008

El Lunes, 31 de Marzo de 2008, Chahn Kim escribió:

> Before we switch to use_domain parameter to 1, We'd like to know any
> implicit effect of doing it, as well as some questions answered.
>
> Q. 1) Does this setting takes "SIP_DOMAIN" env parameter of server itself
> or the client ATA must send it to Openser in "REGISTER"?

Do you mean during registration or during digest authentication?
During digest authentication youtell OpenSer with realm to use or let the
client choosing it:
  www_challenge("","1");
  www_challenge("domain","1");

> Q. 2) Once use_domain in registrar is set to 1, would there be any impacts
> on existing ATA entries in location table with blank domain?

Yes, they will fail in any operation that looks for that user since
using "use_domain=1" the user is mached if username and domain match, not
jsut the username.

> Q. 3) Are there any other parameter that are required to be changed along
> with use_domain in registrar module?

Note that hashed password were created using the user, domain and clear
password. If you change the domain, the already created hash will not work if
you use:

modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", 0)
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "ha1")
modparam("auth_db", "password_column_2", "ha1b")

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo