[OpenSER-Users] Effect of use_domain in registrar module

Chahn Kim johnk at koreanet.us
Mon Mar 31 23:06:09 CEST 2008

Hi, all

Currently we are running Openser 1.1 registering ATAs just with user name only. This
works fine however it generates minor problem with our Python based monitoring
script.  The script was written under assumption of non blank domain list. resulting
only showing those sessions where the user location table has domain field manually
inserted.

Before we switch to use_domain parameter to 1, We'd like to know any implicit effect
of doing it, as well as some questions answered.

Q. 1) Does this setting takes "SIP_DOMAIN" env parameter of server itself or the
client ATA must send it to Openser in "REGISTER"?

Q. 2) Once use_domain in registrar is set to 1, would there be any impacts on
existing ATA entries in location table with blank domain?

Q. 3) Are there any other parameter that are required to be changed along with
use_domain in registrar module?

Any comments will be appreciated.

John Chahn Kim
email: johnk at koreanet.us