[OpenSER-Users] LCR Gateway Priority....

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Mar 25 13:01:42 CET 2008

Douglas Garstang writes:

 > I'm surprised no one has written a better module for this. In the
 > realworld, you have multiple POPs, your carriers also have multiple
 > POP's,multiple gateways. In the event you get a failure with one
 > carrier, youprobably want to switch to the next cheapest carrier, not
 > anothergateway within the same carrier (as it will probably just fail
 > again).When selecting a carrier gateway, you need to choose the best
 > POP touse before you select the trunk.

it might be possible for you to achieve what you describe using existing
lcr module by having only one gw per group and then assign priorities in
lcr table in such a way that for prefix +xx highest priority is gw group
1 of the cheapest carrier, then gw group 1 of second cheapest carrier,
then gw group 2 of cheapest carrier and finally gw group 2 of second
cheapest carrier (assuming two carriers serving +xx).

-- juha