[OpenSER-Users] INVITE issue - 483 Too Many Hops

Eloi Pecharroman epecharroman at aptx.com
Fri Mar 7 11:44:47 CET 2008

Hello all,

I have an issue with my OpenSER setup. I am struggling to fix it and to
find further information.

I am working with the debian package 1.3.0-tls

Registration (with and without authentication works fine), however, when
a client sends an INVITE, it seems to be looping back the request until
the max-forward is reached and hence returning the error.

The log throws out an insane amount of *repeated* requests.

My configuration file is the standard one, I have only added a few xlogs
to see if the uri matched my alias, which strangely seems to do as "URI
is not mine" is never output.

alias=sipserver

[....]

if(uri!=myself) {

                    xlog("L_NOTICE","URI is not mine\n");

                    route(1);

                    exit;

                }

[...]

route[1] {

        # send it out now; use stateful forwarding as it works reliably

        # even for UDP2TCP

        if (!t_relay()) {

                sl_reply_error();

        };